Here’s everything you need to know.
West Michigan Intern Connect will showcase the best our region has to offer to young talent. These events will give interns the chance to connect with their peers, the community, and West Michigan employers. This event is open to any and all interns in West Michigan. In 2017…
Day in the Park
For many students, a summer internship might be the first time they work a 40 hour workweek. And you keep them busy. During this adjustment, interns might not venture out to do much on the week nights. If they are new to the area, they might not wander too far from their apartment or corporate campus on the weekends either. Intern Connect Day in the Park is designed to get interns downtown, see the sites, meet their peers from other companies, and just have a bit of fun.
This event is open to ALL interns, regardless of company or geographic location. You just need to be a current intern to register.
There are several ways for employers to be involved in Day in the Park:
- Encourage your interns to register and attend.
- We don’t have a direct line to your interns, but you do. Making Intern Connect a part of your summer calendar does a lot encourage attendance. Intern Connect Flyer for Interns.
- Pay for you interns’ registration fees, either in full or in part (29 companies paid for their interns in 2017!)
- We have a great registration system that makes it easy on intern coordinators to pay for or subsidize registration fees. You don’t have to collect any info and you only get invoiced for the interns who actually register.
- If you would like to do this, please contact Rachel Bartels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsor the Selfie Stage Lounge
- If you’re looking to get your company name out there and promote your employment brand in a fun and interactive way to interns, this is a great way to do it. The cost is $350. This allows 2 representatives to attend, eat, hang out with interns at the lounge, and help them take pictures in the best spot in the park!
- If you would like to sponsor the Selife Stage Lounge, please contact Rachel Bartels at email@example.com.
- Sponsor an Attraction
- If you really want to up the ante and gain employment brand recognition, this is a great way to do it. Sponsors at Day in the Park run the big attractions, like volleyball court or cornhole area (all popular attractions).
- If you are interested in sponsoring Intern Connect Day in the Park, please contact Rachel Bartels at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our video to see what Day in the Park is like to attend.