Here’s everything you need to know.
In an effort to recruit talented young people to the area, Intern Connect is a half-day professional development conference designed to teach area interns about West Michigan’s lifestyle and abundant economic opportunity. Not your typical professional development conference, Intern Connect is focused on
soft essential skills. Interns can meet their peers, network, get career advice, and grow as a professional. This event is open to any and all interns in West Michigan. In the last five years…
Own your internship. Grow as a professional. Discover West Michigan.
For many students, a summer internship might be the first time they work a 40 hour workweek. During this adjustment, interns might be new to communicating in the workplace, networking, and navigating their career. Intern Connect is designed help interns own their internship, grow as a professional, and discover West Michigan. Topics covered during this half-day professional development conference include:
- Communication and conflict in the workplace
- Navigating networking events
- Panel: real talk on #adulting
- Plus: networking time
This event is open to ALL interns, regardless of company or geographic location. You just need to be a current intern to register.
There are several ways for employers to be involved in Intern Connect:
- Sponsor. Sponsor a session or employer table. This includes logo placement on our website and marketing materials. Intern Connect is a unique branding opportunity because all attendees are current interns, meaning they are a high caliber of students. This professional development conference is a chance to gain valuable exposure for your employment brand through interactions with students in a casual atmosphere.
- Pay for Intern Registration Fees. This is the best way to encourage your interns to attend and easiest for you. Contact us for group registration or to set up a discount code for individual registration.
- Promote. We provide marketing materials and you promote it to your interns.
Interested in becoming a sponsor for Intern Connect? Email our Program Manager, Jessica Kuster, at email@example.com.