Public Privacy Statement
2. Content, License, Intellectual Property and Restrictions on Use. All audio and visual information, images, photographs, video, text, documents, products and other materials contained or displayed in, or made available through, the Site (the “Content”) are owned by HWM, its affiliates and/or its third party licensors and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any manner, including, but not limited to, by electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or other means, except as provided in this agreement, without HWM's express written permission.
“HWM” and all other marks and logos used in association with the HWM site and/or Content (“Marks”) are trademarks or service of HWM, its affiliates, or third parties. You may not display, copy, redistribute or use any of the Marks in any manner, except as permitted by law.
The content of the HWM site may be subject to RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions imposed by applicable law. Use by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of HWM's proprietary rights therein.
3. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability. HWM does not warrant or represent that use of materials displayed on the HWM site will not infringe the rights of third parties. HWM makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy of the contents of the HWM site. HWM assumes no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents of the HWM site.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND OR NATURE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER HWM, ITS LICENSORS NOR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT, OR THAT THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA.
ALL OTHER CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW BY HWM, ITS LICENSORS, AND INFORMATION PROVIDERS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties such that the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE ESSENTIAL TO ALLOW HWM TO PROVIDE THE SITE AND CONTENT SET FORTH HEREIN. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BUT FOR THESE PROVISIONS, HWM WOULD NOT MAKE THE HWM SITE AND/OR CONTENT AVAILABLE TO YOU.
HWM is not liable for any viruses or other damages to your computer equipment, software or data arising out of, resulting from, or relating in any way to your accessing, browsing, using and/or downloading the HWM site and/or its content.
5. Links to Other Sites. HWM, from time to time, may include on the HWM site links to sites of third parties. HWM has not reviewed and is not responsible for any third party site. Your use to any third party site is at your own risk. HWM provides any such links to you only as a matter of convenience. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. Unless expressly stated on the HWM site, HWM is not affiliated with, and HWM does not endorse or sponsor, any sites on the Internet that are linked through or to the HWM site. HWM makes no representations or warranties concerning the content of sites linked through or to the HWM site, or their information gathering, use or dissemination practices. In no event shall HWM be responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in sites linked through or to the HWM site, and in no event shall HWM be responsible or liable for any content, products, or other materials on or available from or through such sites.
6. Prohibited Activities. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, statutes, rules and ordinances, in connection with your use of the HWM site and Content. Without limiting the foregoing, you shall not use the HWM site or Content to: (a) send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (b) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses; (c) transmit through or post on the HWM site unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, tortuous, defamatory, threatening, harmful, invasive of another's privacy, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature or which is harmful to minors in any way; (d) transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, trade secret, copyright or right of publicity; (e) transmit any material that contains software viruses or other harmful or deleterious computer code, files or programs such as Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or cancelbots; (f) interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to the HWM site or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (g) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the HWM site or computer systems or networks connected to the HWM site through password mining or any other means; (h) harass or interfere with another user's use and enjoyment of the HWM site; (i) “mirror” some or all of the content of the HWM site on any other server; or (j) advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
7. Limitations of HWM Site. The HWM site is intended to be accessed only from the United States and only by persons who have reached the age of 18 years old or the age of majority in such person's location, whichever is later. HWM makes no representation that Content, materials or information on the HWM site is appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the HWM site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Copyright 2010. The Greater Grand Rapids Chamber Foundation. All Rights Reserved.