The Financial Analyst supports management planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating information and recommending actions for product and projects. A broad-based knowledge of business coupled with strong analytical skills are key to success.
Technical Skills and Job Specific Tasks:
- Prepare ad-hoc and standard financial analysis and reports as requested providing insight into the Company’s operations and financial performance.
- Ensure all key FP&A and financial systems processes are documented, key controls identified, and procedures developed to periodically test the effectiveness of controls.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews pinpointing areas of potential improvement through analysis of key performance metrics.
- Create and maintain a dashboard of business drivers and performance metrics and establish a framework for measurement and reporting across the business (customized to department needs).
- Support department managers with engineering resource planning. Conduct monthly project review with project managers (actual cost analyze, cost to finish, overrun/underrun analyze, lessons learned).
- Support business leaders with resource planning and reporting. Conduct monthly department expense reviews (actual cost analysis, variance analysis)
- Prepare, maintain and evaluate budgets and forecasts as required. Provide input to modelling, and key business drivers. Coordinate with business leaders as required to update and validate the forecast models.
- Build financial database by identifying sources of information; assembling, verifying, and backing up data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Financial/accounting experience in project-based industry preferred
- Ability to navigate complex databases
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite with demonstrated proficiency using Excel including pivot tables
- Position is based in Grand Rapids, MI, with significant time required in Spring Lake, MI
- Occasional travel to TGW installations and Holding company 5% of time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com