Position Summary: Responsible for developing quality documentation, facilitating continuous improvements, and working with suppliers and customers to resolve quality or system issues.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
· Develop APQP documentation to support the Product Realization Process in accordance with customer requirements, e.g. FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, etc.
· Maintain required documentation that meets the Shape Corp specifications for Document Control and retrievability.
· Interface with customer personnel and facilitate the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
· Participate in the development and maintenance of formal quality systems, e.g. ISO 9001 & IATF 16949.
· Drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing of our quality systems and processes.
· Facilitate problem-solving of complex issues using advanced quality tools.
· Help onboard and training new team members.
· Provide direction and coaching to less senior team members.
· Identify and train a back-up(s) to manage key tasks when absent.
· Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
· Approve time and attendance and vacations for direct reports.
· Review and respond to Employee Suggestions via plex.
· Plan, support, and implement total quality management in support of zero safe launch findings at pre and post SOP.
· Ensure that appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process value stream.
· Confirm product quality through confirmation phase exit.
· Initiate control plans and training for inspection and gage instructions in accordance with Shape and customer specific requirements.
· Develop and control all APQP documents through PPAP approval for new program launches.
· Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customer initiated product changes.
· Understand and provide interpretation of customer specific requirements.
· Participate in GD&T development through the DFM process.
· Responsible for all aspects of gage procurement, including gage quoting, design approval, and customer approval.
· Responsible for supplier gage design approval, PPAP review and approval.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
· Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or related field required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree.
· A minimum of 5 years of Quality Engineer experience, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment.
· Advanced knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack up applications.
· Advanced knowledge with customer specific Program Development, e.g., AIAG Automotive Core Tools.
· Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, e.g. ISO9001, TS16949 and ITF16949.
· Experience with Product Warranty documentation.
· Proven experience mentoring other Quality Engineering team members.
· Advanced project management skills using Microsoft applications.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated competency in the use of problem solving tools, e.g., 5 why, 8D, Ishakawa Diagram, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
· Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.shapecorp.com/careers or firstname.lastname@example.org →